When you have a social venture idea what’s the best you can do with it?
The Indian School of Business (ISB) recently launched its “3rd ISB iDiya Challenge,” a competition that aims to be a launch-pad for high-impact and self sustaining social businesses in India. Initiated in 2009, iDiya is targeted exclusively at working professionals and focuses on business ideas that create a measurable social impact.
What is iDiya ?
iDiya is ISB’s nation-wide Social Business Ideas competition targeted at working professionals and early stage NGOs. It is focused on ventures creating powerful social impact in India.
What does your idea get you?
Besides giving you a platform to showcase your idea, participating will also help you identify possible avenues for ensuring your vision takes shape. Other benefits of participating include:
• Cash prizes of upto 3 lakhs for the winners
• A one week ‘boot-camp’ for the top ten teams where you will meet industry leaders, VCs and mentors
• Winners will receive at least 10-weeks mentoring support after the competition. The mentoring board comprises of high profile businessmen and organizations who will help you commercialize your idea
• Top 20 ideas will be showcased on the ISB iDiya website
Who can participate?
iDiya is open to working professionals and early stage NGOs. It is focused on ventures creating powerful social impact in India. Their aim is to stimulate, develop and facilitate high impact, self-sustaining and scalable social enterprises in India.
• Registration and submission deadline: September 15, 2011
• Declaration of winners: November 10, 2011
• Boot-camp at ISB: December 2-7, 2011
Register your team on iDiya website
Mobile: 077998 89270
E-mail: [email protected]
Ennovent collaborates with ISB iDiya’s 3rd iDiya Challenge as investment and outreach partner!