On 3rd & 4th December 2010, Villgro will be hosting Unconvention, the 4-in-1 social entrepreneurship conference in India, Chennai. The conference brings together stakeholders from all sectors to discuss and exchange social market business models and ideas. Read on to find out more!
What is it about?
Unconvention provides four main platforms that catalyze social change:
1) The Summit – a panel discussion event chaired by thought leaders of social development. This year’s panelists include opinion leaders like Varun Sahni of Global Impact Investors and Joe Madiath of Gram Vikas.
2) Wantrapreneur – a business plan competition targeting the Agriculture, Dairy, Water, and Energy categories.
3) Innohub – an innovation fair providing opportunity for social innovators to exhibit their work and solicit potential investors.
4) Villgro Awards – an awards ceremony to recognize contributions made in the innovation and social enterprise ecosystem within the categories of Enterprise, Investor, Grassroots Innovator, Incubator, Media, Journalist, Research, and Lifetime Achievement.
This year’s summit is also includes an Investor Forum component, which allows selected start-ups to pitch in front of a panel of investors – facilitating potential investment opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors alike.
Who should participate?
Anyone with a passion and interest in social enterprise can register for this event. The discussion panels are accessible to all – particularly for students, government officials, social entrepreneurs, opinion leaders, academicians, and the media, this event offers a wonderful opportunity networking and meeting like-minded people in the sector.
In addition, social innovators in particular are encouraged to sign up for Innohub and exhibit their work. Likewise, social entrepreneurs who are seeking funding opportunities should take a look at the details for qualifying for the Investor Forum on the website.
How much does it cost?
Social entrepreneurs/ NGOs/ CBOs- Rs. 4000
Students- Rs. 2000
All others- Rs. 5000
You can also avail of group registration discounts on the website.
How to register?
Information about registration and event details can be found on www.villgro.org/unconvention. You will also be able to find speaker profiles for all the panelists as well as highlights from last year’s conference.
Any questions regarding registration can sent to michelle[at]villgro.org
You can submit nominations at www.villgro.org/awards
Registration for the Summit and conference in general is open through November 30, 2010.
All nominations for the Villgro awards should be submitted by November 15, 2010.
This year, Villgro is proud to partner with the following organizations:
- The Lemelson Foundation
- Ashoka: Innovators for the Public -
- Center for Development Finance of IFMR
- Your Story.in
- NS Raghavan Center for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL)
- The Hindu
- The RainTree Hotels
- Indian Angel Network